A knife for EVERYONE!
Now children from 2 years of age can start with the “Kiddies Food Kutter Original”, then graduate to the New “Safety Food Kutter” which is identical in design, (but the larger blade and handle) as they get older, progress and become more proficient.
Key Features of the Safety Food Kutter:
- Larger size handle and longer/wider blade
- Safety Knife with rounded teeth and no sharp edges
- Quality Stainless Steel blade uses a sawing action
- A wider blade enables the knife to be used to spread perfectly
- Perfect for tweens, teens, adults, elderly, special needs
- Ergonomically designed, for easy grip for larger hands
- BPA Free
- Dishwasher Safe
- Suitable for both left and right-handers
- Easy to use and completely safe
- Australian Made & Owned (Manufactured in Melbourne)
The Safety Food Kutter is available in 4 bright colours
Encouraging your kids to learn cutting skills, assists with building confidence, and independence, it is hands-on learning that helps develop critical thinking and analytical skills. It also improved fine motor skills!
- Knife Length: 18cm
- Blade Length: 9cm
- Blade width: 2cm
- Blade Thickness: 1mm
How it works:
The Safety Food Kutter is made a little differently from regular food cutters — rounded teeth replace sharp edges along the stainless steel blade. Instead of a slicing motion, this will allow your little chef to gently saw vegetables and fruits on a cutting board. The Safety Food Kutter knife also has a wider blade so it can be used to spread perfectly.
Thanks to some very innovative design, the Safety Food Kutter will cut through any raw or cooked vegetable or fruit. Pumpkin, zucchini, apples, watermelon – you name it! Plenty of customers have raved about the Kiddies Food Kutter & Safety Food Kutter being a useful food utensils for kids while eating their meals.
To use our Kiddies Food Kutter:
- Ensure the child is at the correct height, (up over what they are about to cut)
- Secure the chopping board & if required place a damp tea towel under it.
- Let the child choose left or right-handed. Children swap hands sometimes to try both, let them go and they will find what works for them.
- Always two hands are to be used, one holding firmly what they are about to cut and the other gripping the cleverly designed handle.
- A SAWING action is essential for successful cutting with the Kiddies Food Kutter. If they press down it will not cut.
- Tip 1 - Demonstrate the correct technique to your child before they begin.
- Tip 2 - Give them appropriate sized and correct softness or hardness of fruit and vegetables for their age and ability.
- Tip 3 - We have found that left-handers slant a little when they first learn to saw, so the Kiddies Food Kutter assists them to gain confidence to feel safer and to persist. Achieving is everything!