10% Off for 24 hours prices as marked - not valid with any other discount. The offer ends 7:59 pm on 27th April 2022.
- High-quality Dobsonian style stands with a 76 mm reflector optical tube make FirstScope an ideal entry-level astronomical telescope.
- Portable and lightweight table-top design makes it easy to store, transport and set up your FirstScope Telescope
- FirstScope is very easy to observe, the user simply navigates the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object.
- The stylish and decorative design makes FirstScope a wonderful keepsake for anyone interested in astronomy.
- FirstScope pays tribute to the men and women who brought us one step closer to understanding the universe around us!
In 1609, world-renowned Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, introduced an elementary telescope to the growing astronomy community which sparked interest in the mysterious night sky for centuries to come. Four centuries later, Celestron offers the portable FirstScope Telescope. The FirstScope pays tribute to Galileo Galilei and many of history’s most notable astronomers and scientists by displaying their names around the optical tube. We honour the contributions of these men and women, who brought us one step closer to understanding the universe around us.
The FirstScope is a wonderful keepsake for anyone interested in astronomy. This quality Dobsonian style telescope features a 76 mm aperture reflector optical tube. FirstScope is an ideal entry-level astronomical telescope. It is very easy to observe with, the user simply navigates the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object, making the viewing experience a snap! The compact design makes it easy enough to take with you on your next outdoor adventure. FirstScope is also stylish enough to be a decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
2 Years Warranty
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Optical Design:||Newtonian Reflector|
|Focal Length:||300mm (12")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:||20mm (0.79")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1:||15x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2:||4mm (0.16")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2:||75x|
|Highest Useful Magnification:||180x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification:||11x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||11.9|
|Resolution (Rayleigh):||1.83 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes):||1.53 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to the human eye):||118x|
|Software:||Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software | SkyPortal App|