The storm glass was popularised by Admiral Robert Fitzroy after his historic voyage on the HMS Beagle.
This storm glass is the same size and shape as our 28cm Galileo Thermometer, and they make an attractive pair on the windowsill
How to Predict the Weather:
- Clear liquid: Bright and clear weather.
- Cloudy liquid: Cloudy, possible thunderstorms & rain.
- Small dots in the liquid: Humid or foggy weather.
- Large flaky crystals: Cloudy skies, snow in winter.
- Threads of crystals at the top: Windy weather.
- Crystals at the bottom: Frost may be coming.
Keep out of reach of children. Read safety directions.